Sunday, February 3, 2013

British Night


British pub, music, cider, food. What could be better? And, I might be biased, well, incredibly biased, but, British music is the best. And an entire night of British music was just what the doctor ordered.

Put on by Jake Rudh, a DJ at the Current, I <3 UK (A Night of UK sounds from the 60s to today) was an evening of mismatched British music spun together spanning the decades and sub-genres. And from Manchester to London, every inch of Britain was represented–there was Bowie, the Beatles, the Animals, the Cure, the Smiths, Depeche Mode, the Stones, and, yes, even the Spice Girls. But what perhaps was the most fun was seeing the various generation's faces lighting up when the music they grew up with was played. My personal favourites were dancing to the Animals, as I imagined myself as a youngster growing up in the 60s, and going to concerts and hearing Eric Burdon's voice. Even dancing to the Smiths was wild. It was like I became Morrissey. And I too was a tall, long-legged Mancunian. SO GREAT.

Cheers!

No comments: