Thursday, June 3, 2010

Hey Jude Thursday

Well, hello...



Oh hai, Ringo.

The musical world seems to have spiraled on and on without me while I tried to overcome the world of finals and papers. Much to write about but even still with the stress of other assignments and papers gone, I have no time to write. Writers block, too, seems to plague. It's not a good situation. With so much going on, I feel the need to have some sort of entry to keep my fingers flowing and my mind in one place, for once, this summer. I half decided that I wanted to write a book about the Beatles. Half of me thinks it's a good idea, but the other half thinks, what would be the point, really? Seeing as I know more about them than I do anything else, including myself, it seems logical. But as to quote George Harrison from a Simpson's episode, "that's been done."


I doubt it matters, though. I could bring my own style to it, I am sure. Maybe it would be a self satisfaction project, like a fun-run kind of deal. Whatever, whatever.



I am currently listening to Hey Jude. Did you know it was The Beatles' first single with Apple? Did you know that it was written for John's son, Julian (probably do, that's not a very obscure fact)? Did you know it started out as 'Hey Jules' not Jude? Did you know it has a 40 piece orchestra? Yes, 40. ridiculous.

Stay cool my babies.

No comments: